Start the day right with this indulgent pancake recipe created by Kelham island Kitchen. They are packed with chocolate chips and covered in a rich mocha sauce.
These pancakes might seem naughty but they are made with banana and oats for slow releasing energy to keep you full unitl lunch. Add an extra boost to these pick-me-up pancakes with Vitamin Coffee and start your day off on the right foot.
When eating a plant-based diet it is so important to make sure you are getting all the essential vitamins and Vitamin Coffee makes it easier, and more delicious, than ever!
Makes 6 pancakes
1 Ripe Banana
200ml Vitamin Coffee
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
75ml Plant Milk
50g Plain Flour
70g Rolled Oats
25g Chocolate Chips
150g Brown Sugar
20g Cocoa Powder
1tbsp Cornflour, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
1. First make the sauce, Add 125ml coffee, the sugar, cocoa and cornflour mix to a sauce pan.
2. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened
3. To make the pancakes put the banana, 75ml coffee, baking powder, vanilla, milk, flour and oats in a blender
4. Blend to a smooth batter then stir in the chocolate chips
5. Heat a pan over a medium heat with 1 tbsp of oil
6. Spoon the batter into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side
So there we have it; Vegan Mocha Pancakes! Give them a go and make sure you tag us in your social media posts! @vitcoffee